Behold the easiest and cutest DIY project - I knocked this out in an hour.
1. Choose your photo
2. Get your collection of buttons together, a ruler, pencil, stanley knife, hot glue gun, thick cardboard and an A4 sheet of paper.
3. Trace around your photo, measure out the desired border width.
4. Lay the cardboard on the A4 sheet. Trace around it. Cut out the white paper to cover the cardboard.
5. Hot glue your buttons on the white covered card. Don't worry about glue strands - they will come off
6. Sticky tape the photo to the back.
Stand back and admire your handiwork and feel a little chuffed. Total cost - $1.50 (for buttons)